Monday, January 24, 2011

How to turn beige into Montpelier wedgewood...

I moved into my current apartment during the first week of December of 2010 and there is/was only one thing about the apartment that I did not like. The bathroom was painted the most bizarre shade of beige and brown I had ever seen. Perhaps I am a color snob because I grew up in a family with a mother and sister that are artists but I put up with the paint for as long as I could. It's not like it was a necessity to paint the bathroom either but after my third episode in a row of the show 'Hoarders' on A&E, I knew it was time to do something more productive then making my butt print on the couch deeper (no, seriously, I have a permanent indent forming)

After nine hours of vigorously painting and jamming out to my new obsession, Lissie, the bathroom has been transformed. In person, the difference is more dramatic but I feel like it's a definite improvement.




Just so everyone can have a little bit of Lissie in their lives...



She probably deserves her own entry but that's for a later date.





2 comments:

  1. I love the color, so calm and fresh. The photo is good too. A nice change, now you know why I like to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...more power to you, Hannah. As for me, it's no secret that I do not have the patience to paint the bathroom. It's just not one of my favorite activities. The photos look nice and I'm sure the room seems to have a cleaner, more airy ambiance as a result of your many hours of work! You know me...I do appreciate the combination of music and painting, just am more fond of the music part.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete